Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Boulders Of Truth

I put the "Bah" in humbug this morning.  My head is cloudy and I continue stumbling over a truth. John 14:26 The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. 

Here is my problem.  I am a fixer.  I have a question/problem and I want the answer. I want the full answer and I want it immediately.  I want the beginning steps, the detail process, and the end results. I want them all at once.  I know with my heart this is not walking in faith and obedience but tell that to my brain which is so cloudy with confusion this morning.

As I have continued bringing this cloud before the Lord, He has placed boulders of truth in my path, which I  continue to trip over.  Let me share them with you:

How precious is Your loving kindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
  For with You is the fountain of life;
         In Your light we see light. Psalm 36:7-9

In my Chamber's reading this morning, "It is possible to know all about doctrine and still not know Jesus."  Bobbie translation, "I can have all the steps to fix my problem and miss Jesus all together. That would be a tragedy.  Do I trust God enough to wait upon His timing and take one step at a time as He leads?

In my Murray" reading, "Everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Phil 3:8  Bobbie translation, "It is a relationship not a formula.

In my study of Jonah for Sunday School,
Jonah 1:1 Word of the Lord came Arise, go and cry out about their wickedness.  Jonah did not obey. 
Jonah 3:1 Word of the Lord came a second time, Arise, go and preach the message I will give to you". 
Bobbie response, what, no details?  How am I to know what to say?
John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

A song played on Klove this morning-Chris Tomlin, "I Lift My Hands"

These are big boulders God has placed before me.  As I type this blog, the LIGHT is beginning to burn away the clouds. That is a beautiful picture and another blog.  What great mercy, love, and grace God has for me to cause me to trip over these truths. He has that same desire for you.  Let me leave you with a few more verses.

        Be still, and know that I am God;                                                        
         I will be exalted among the nations,                               
         I will be exalted in the earth! Ps. 46:10

       But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
      That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18

I must go repent of my attitude now. Thanks for listening! Hope my morning encourages you to dig deep, pray hard, and wait for the Lord to move.  One more thing...I don't have my answer to my problem but I don't need it any more! 


  




No comments: