Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Waiting

Unto You I lift my eyes,
O You who dwells in the heavens.
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD our God,
Until He has mercy on us.
Psalm 123:1-2

I am in a place of waiting.  I am waiting on the God who dwells in the heavens to give me a specific direction and revive my heart with a fresh passion for His name.  I have discovered I am helpless unless He moves and  my eyes are fixed on Him.

 I have been quiet lately as I have tried to figure out which season of life I am in.  The enemy has been playing in the playground of my mind.  I have allowed him access and play time as I entertain many of his thoughts.  I have bought into many of his lies about myself and others God has placed around me.  The enemy knows where our weakness are.  God in all His sovereignty will use the enemy to highlight our weakness.  God wants our weakness brought into the light with the desire of our confession and repentance.  Friend, don't wallow in guilt from your sin.  Turn to God, confess, and repent for forgiveness and help in your time of need is available. 

This very morning I discovered I was in the season of waiting.  For a couple of weeks, I have felt like a hooked fish flopping around hoping to hit the water.  Today through a devotion, the Lord gave me a word picture which confirmed the season of waiting.   It is good to know what season of life you are in. Let me share the word picture with you. 

I am standing in the middle of an open field.  Standing at one end of the field are all my life long comforts. These are the things I tend to turn to when I feel uncomfortable or vulnerable or unsafe.  Standing opposite of the comforts is a world of unknowns.  These are things/plans God has for me that I am unable to see or understand.  Circling over my head are vultures with the hope of causing me to run back to my old comforts,idols, my old way of life. 

I have a choice to be made.  I can return to idols/comforts of old or I can wait for God to give direction on a new way to walk and live.   I would love to have this direction colored in with details of what He has planned for me.  Waiting before I take my next step is difficult but we are called to walk in faith not by sight.  Our personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is one of dependence upon Him.  Dependence is what He is wanting of me and you as well. 

I have been crucified with Christ,
 it is no longer I who live,
 but Christ lives in me,
 and the life which I now live in the flesh
 I live by faith in the Son of God,
 who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20


God expects us to have boldness and confidence as we approach His throne room in prayer asking for directions.   God expects us to have confidence and dependence as we wait upon His direction.  When God gives direction, He expects us immediately to step out in faith.  Fear of failure or rejection should not keep us from being obedient, for God is able to fix all our messes.  We should have an urgency to meet with other believers for encouragement of keeping the faith.  Start by placing yourself around godly people who can challenge you to love God and be dependant upon Him.  Place yourself in situations to hear God's word.  Be open with your struggles by asking for prayer.  We are not perfect just loved and forgiven by our Creator. 

Oh, I am waiting.  I now understand the season of life I am in. My eyes look to the hand of my Master until He has mercy on me.  The vultures are circling over head but they are of no danger as my eyes are focused upon my Lord and I wait for His direction.



No comments: