Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Prayer

Perfect and complete oneness with God is the goal of prayer and ministry.   I desire to be effective for Christ in my Sunday School Class.  I desire to be effective for Christ as I interact with others through out the week.  I desire to use my spiritual gifts of exhortation and discernment in the lives of others. I desire to walk closely with the Lord in spiritual knowledge and understanding.  (learning--this comes through obedience)

I can desire all these good things but unless I do the hard work of bowing before my Lord in prayer, laying my agenda aside, becoming one with Him, listening to His voice, to grow,to obey, and intercede for specific people, my labor is in vain.  Not only is my labor in vain but I believe Scripture teaches prayerlessness is sin as well.

Do not be afraid,” Samuel replied. “You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart. 21 Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless. 22 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own. 23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. 24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. 25 Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will perish.” 1 Sam 12:20-25

It is a Monday.  A new morning. A new week.  A new start.  My heart is grieved and burdened for each of you.  God is up to something.  Please join me in the hard work of prayer.

No comments: