Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Harris Addition

When God combines my innocents and ignorants with His wisdom, leading, and power ministry happens. I have prayed the last four years for a ministry in the Harris Addition. I am really not sure what this ministry will look like.  I know my heart is burdened for God's glory to be make known in this part of Alma.  How He will work out the details of this is a mystery to me.

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom,
but in demonstration of the spirit and of power,
that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. 1 Cor. 2:3-5

The Father has opened a couple of doors/homes in this addition.  I have met two people whom the Lord is drawing into His fellowship and presence.  I have known one for the last year and even though our relationship has had several ups and downs, God is faithful to Himself.  He is the one who opens eyes and softens hearts.  He is in the business of making worshippers for Himself. 

Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us.  She was a seller of purple from the city of
Thyatira, who worshiped God.  The LORD opened her heart to heed the things
spoken by Paul.  And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying,
If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.
So she persuaded us.  Acts. 16:14-15

The challenge has been to keep my eyes open for the opportunity to minister and my heart quiet enough to hear His leading. 

Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. Acts. 16:6-10

My eyes were open and I was listening as the opportunity presented itself.  Tonight a friend and I had the opportunity to visit a family on Harris Drive.  I had one concern and the Lord who is faithful to work all things out for His glory and our good, resolved my concern thirty minutes before we were to meet. 

And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 
Not that w are sufficient or ourselves to think of anything as being form ourselves,
 but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant,
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.  2 Cor. 3:4-6

I am blessed to be apart of God's sovereign work.  I will praise Him.  I pray He will see fit to use me again in the Harris Addition.  Will you join me in praying for His glory to be made known!

No comments: