Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Creature Comforts and Me

Who knew creature comforts and routine were so important to me! But man, I am out of my routine this morning.  I slept in a small bed and woke to "Dog the Bounty Hunter".  Have you ever tried to have prayer/quiet time with the "Dog" in the background?  Maybe at my house God would win but this morning "Dog" was the winner.  I guess I am blogging right now because I feel lost in this environment.  You see my parents do not know Christ.  We have no point of reference or common ground in our daily walk together.

 "Behold, the word of the LORD is a reproach to them, they have no delight in it." Jer 6:10b

I know many of you are in the same situation, either you are married to an unbelieving man, live at home with unbelieving parents, or God has called you out to the mission field.  The common ground among the three is unbelieving souls and darkness.  This home is my mission field for the next two days.  For me to survive and be a light in this darkness, I must not "float" along spiritually.  It would be easy to sleep in, watch the tube, and veg but what a miserable place my soul would be, for I have tasted and seen that my LORD is good!.

So here is the plan, to find a sanctuary-a place set aside for me and the Lord to meet each morning.  To purposely locate the place and plan to meet there before anyone else is up.  That is what I do at home, so why would it be different here?  In reality it should be all the more important here.

"You have made known to me the ways of life: You will make me full of  joy in Your presence. Acts 2:28

So here is my encouragement to you all-find your sanctuary.  Find a quiet place to pray, read and draw strength from the Lord.  Find a place even if that means waking very early to meet with your God.  My parents need the Lord.  I cannot allow the "Dog" to crowd Christ out of my life.

The power of Christ comes in our life, when we spend quality time in His presence!  It is the light of Christ that pushed back the darkness.  "He (Holy Spirit) will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement.  He will guide you into all truth." John 16

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: