Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Revive

When I find my faith and my love for the Lord becoming weak, I turn to the psalms.  I see in Psalm 1, my delight should be in the law of the Lord.  His Word should be on my mind day and night.  Immediately I see why my love and faith is failing.

Psalm 2, I see "Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling."  Have I forgotten who God is? It is time to continue reading until this Glorious One becomes exalted in my mind and heart.  "Blessed are those who put their trust in Him"

In Psalm 3:3 I see God is a shield for me, He is my glory and the One who lifts my head.  I fall on my knees to recommit my trust to Him. Salvation belongs to Him and His blessing are upon me.

My faith begins to taking leaps and I can go into Psalm 4 with a prayerful heart. "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness.  You have relieved me in my distress.  Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.  I know You have set me apart and will hear when I call.  You have put gladness in my heart.  You alone make me dwell in safety. 

Brings me to Psalm 5 in which my heart cries word for word. of this Psalm.  Continue on reading, praying, worshipping until the God of heaven has mercy upon you and revives your soul.

Expecting, begging to be revived today!

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

1 comment:

Aaron W. Matthews said...

I am praying for you to be healthy and well today. NO more sickness!