Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God's Ways

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways. and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Every person reading this blog has preconceived ideas of who God is.  Our life experiences have formed a view of God in our thoughts and minds which may not be all true.  If you have an absent father, you may view God as uncaring and distant, an abusive father as a dictator, a passive father as a grandfather you can control with your whine.  As a child I attended church with friends but was never accompanied there with my parents.  I was taught bits and pieces of the Bible from my grandmother and attending Sunday school.  It seemed I took these truths and my life experiences and formed my moral compass, which could change depending on my feeling for the day.  The sad thing is many of us are living this way today. 

It is time to lay aside all preconceived ideas and search God's word for the truth.  Our moral compass must be based on the truth of the Word.  Our peace must be based on who God of the Bible is.  I remember a time I took a Christmas Story quiz.  I had heard the Christmas story every year at my grandmother's home.  I could share the story myself.  The problem was I  had a perceived idea of the story...an idea that was far from the truth.  This opened my eyes to begin questioning other area I was holding true in my life.

The Bible says in Romans 12:2 "and do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Friend lay aside all preconceived ideas.  Pray and ask God to be your teacher.  Read, study, and mediate upon His Word.  Struggle with him if necessary until you know and understand His ways.  Don't make Him like you, He died to make you like Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good blog! Thank you for sharing it.

Sally said...

Good one today..!