Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Three Wooden Words

Looking around my kitchen this morning, I notice three wooden words sitting as decoration on top of my cabinets.  As I read these words I wondered why these three particular words were chosen-Patience, Faith, and Prayer.  I stopped to reflect on the meaning of these words and how God has manifested Himself through each one. 

Patience is difficult for me.  We live in a self-gratifying world.  Even as a Christian we go after what we want.  There is no need to wait and save money, for credit is available with a swipe of the card.   The world system teaches us it is okay to fulfill our every desire, for God has made us with these desires.(LIE)  When this word was chosen for my kitchen, I was living with hemoridging heart.  A heart full of pain and anguish.  A heart begging God to intervene to restore a relationship.  A heart begging God to heal my pain.  I was brought to a place of brokenness and waiting.  A place where all my efforts were of no avail.  Patience had to have it perfect work in me.  My time with the Lord was so sweet in these moments.  Not sure I felt His presence as I walked through that time but looking back I can see His loving kind hand all over my life and situation.  I got to know Him as the God of all comfort.  You see NOTHING but a move of God could change my situation. I had to bow, wait, and plead. Which brings us to the second word-Faith

Faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)  For without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6) I chose this word, because faith was what I most needed.  I needed to believe, hope, commit my trust to the sovereign Lord, to the Creator of the universe.  To the God who created me in my mother's womb.  To the God who loves me and gave His very life for me.  To the God whom in the past, I had tasted and seen that He is good.  Which brings me to the third word-Prayer

Prayer-my heart's longing and desire.  Prayer to connect in oneness with the one true God.  Prayer to bow before His throne in adoration and thanksgiving.  Prayer for His Word to be the soothing balm to my infected heart.  Prayer for His bleeding nail scared hands to be the bandage to my heart.  My God, He is faithful!  Yes, it took a period of time.  Yes, it took faith and patience-but the faith and patience actually came from Him.  So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  (Romans 10:17)

Which brings me to one more word..Power.  Friend when we humble ourselves and bow before the One true God, when we wait silently before Him, when our faith, our hope and our trust is in Him alone-He will come into our lives with power and bring healing, hope, and deliverance!  For the next ten days at http://www.southsidealma.com/  we will be doing just that.  Waiting (patience) in great (faith) through (prayer) for God to move in power upon our hearts and community.   You are welcome to join us in prayer.

No comments: