Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jesus

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us,
And we beheld His glory,
The glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

It is good to remember the basic of Christianity. Jesus, the God of Heaven, humbled Himself and became a man.  He left the throne room of heaven to live among the peoples of the earth.  He came to show the way to God.  To show the way to live.  To show the way of peace.  Yet in the midst of all these great truths, it is important to remember Jesus came in obedience to the Father to reveal His great mercy, grace, and love.  If you do not know love today, ponder this truth. 

As Jesus lived among us, He loved us.  He walked in the same experiences as we walk. He understood pain, rejection, illness, and death. He ate, slept, cried as we do.  Scripture says He was tempted in same way we are tempted, yet without sin.  He understands everything you are walking through and He promises never to leave or forsake you.  If you are hurting today, ponder this truth.

As Jesus died the cruel death on the cross, He saved us. Through the shed blood of Jesus, we have forgiveness of sins.  We are bought with a price, the price of blood. This blood covers us and washes us clean. Through the blood, we can come boldly into God's presence.  We are declared righteous, holy, and just all because of the shed blood of Jesus.  If your sin is weighting you down today, ponder this truth.

As Jesus rose from the grace, victory became ours.  Death could not hold Him.  Jesus was victorious over death.  The same power that raised Jesus from the grave, lives in us.  We have victory over sin.  We have power to live this Christian life.  The Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us the moment of salvation. Through Jesus being raised from the dead, we have life and we have it abundantly.  Are you struggling today, ponder these truth.

And guess what!  We are not left here on this earth alone.  We who believe/have trusted in the saving work of Christ have the Holy Spirit as our Helper.  The Bible says He will never leave or forsake us.  He will guide us into all truth.  He has given us all things.  We are seated in heavenlies with Him. 

I don't understand all these things, but by faith I believe and I trust.  As I have walked with Christ these many years, I know these things to be true. I get tired and put out at times.  My endurance gets weak.  Circumstances and people weigh me down.  Sickness makes we tired.  But in the midst of these things, I know whom I have believed and I know He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him.  What have I committed unto Him?  My very life!

Ponder these truths today.  If you would like to know Jesus as I know Jesus, repent of your sin and confess Jesus as sovereign Lord.   Exchange your sin for His righteousness.  Exchange your restlessness for His peace.  Know His love and you will never be the same again.

No comments: