Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love

Love is the theme of my heart these days.  It seems everything I pick up to read, talks about God's love being poured out in our heart.  To be honest I have passed over this.  I have prayed it.  I have thought about it.  But these thoughts and prayers have been with my own understanding of love.  This morning, I see the reality that I probably do not have a clue as to what the Lord is trying to show me.  What He is attempting to perfect in me. Think about it, we become so wrapped up in what we think we know, that we are not even open to learn more.  ...And lean not on your own understanding...Do not be wise in your own eyes.  Proverbs 3:5,7  May God forgive us this morning!

So as I think about this, I lay down all my thoughts, insights, and knowledge and ask God to teach me.  Teach me what true love us.  Show me how love does not seek it own way.  Teach me how to love Him with my heart, soul, and mind.  Teach me how to love others as myself.  With a melancholy personality, I am bent to see things as a conviction, confession, forgiven.  But as God's love is being poured out into my heart, I have new eyes for myself and for others. 

There is great mercy in God repeating a theme in our lives.  He could tell us once and remove us if we don't listen.  He has every right to do that, for we are His creation.  The potter can do with the clay as he wills.  But our God chooses not to work that way.  He is every so kind, merciful,and gracious!  Gently drawing us with His love and truth until we bow and receive what He has to give.  All of this really is not about me or you for that matter.  This life we live and this love we display is for the world to see God's glory.  For Him to be on display! 

Thank you God for choosing me and using me.  I will get out of the way now, surrender and allow Your love to poured out into my heart.  My this love be on display!

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!
1 John 3:1

No comments: