Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Verses and Thoughts

Just thought I would share some Scripture verses that continue running through my mind today.

Don’t be wise in your own eyes,
Fear the LORD and depart from evil. Prov. 2:7

I find I am full of opinions, ideas, and judgments. I attempt to balance this “Bobbie wisdom” through prayer, the lens of Scripture, and listening to others. 

With my whole heart
I have sought YOU,
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart
That I might not sin against YOU
Ps. 119:10-11

God is in everywhere.  He dwells in His creation and He is present in all His works.  The problem is with us.  We are so busy and preoccupied with earthly things that we miss Him.  Scripture says with my WHOLE HEART I have sought YOU, which is more than a quick devotion in the mornings.  Pray, study, mediate, and memorize His word that in your time of weakness you will be convicted and have a choice of walking away without sinning. 

Let him who thinks he stands
Take heed lest he fall.
1 Cor. 10:12

We think many times we are above falling into a practical sin.  But my friend it is only by the grace of God that you have not fallen into that sin. 

Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.  And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?  Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?  Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye
Matthew 7:1-5

We must look at our own life through a magnifying glass and look at other’s lives through the lens of grace.  We can be fruit inspectors but we do not know another’s heart or their motive.  We should confront and correct sin with the understanding that we are just as guilty and in great need of forgiveness and grace.  Guys, the foot of the cross is level.  Your outward behavior of sin and my inner attitude of sin is what put Christ on the cross.  We are all sinners in need of grace.

We have a Savior who made that grace possible.  Seek God today through His Son Jesus!

No comments: