Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grateful

In Sunday School we are still working through Priscilla Shire's book on Jonah.  At the pace we are going it could take us a year to complete.  I love this group of ladies.  God has bonded our hearts together and He is meeting needs as we meet each week.  I can't say thank you enough for the unity, love, and sharing that goes on in the back room. I am blessed week after week and stand amazed at His grace in these ladies lives.

Tomorrow we are looking at a lesson in gratitude.  I love the point Priscilla makes, "Jonah was in a desperate situation and yet his prayer was not for deliverance.  It was a prayer of deliverance.  He was expressing his gratitude to God for the preservation and protection He had already graciously allowed the wayward prophet."  "His vow to the Lord was a promise to praise Him even though he did not know how the Lord would allow the circumstance to work itself out."

I wonder about us.  Can we praise God in the middle of difficult situation?  I know my prayers are usually for God to deliver me.  I am attempting to move past that and offer God a sacrifice of praise.  Friend we must get to the place we are grateful.  Grateful we have a God who never leaves or forsakes us.  Grateful if God removes everything from us, we will still worship and praise Him.  Grateful if He never answers another prayer, we are content being His child.  Wow! If I have this mindset the things of the world lose it hold on me. 
In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thess 5:18

One more thought and I may be rambling here...but we need to be more desperate for the presence of God in our lives than asking Him to deliver us from our present circumstances.  We must desire Him above all.



No comments: