Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who is your defender?

I wonder…must we defend ourselves?  Do we need to justify ourselves?  What if someone speaks evil again you?  What if someone slanders your name?  What if someone threatens you?

Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You, Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them, let those who love Your name be joyful in You.  For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. Ps. 5:11

Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.  The LORD has heard my supplication; The LORD will receive my prayer.  Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;  Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly. Ps. 6:8-10

My defense is of God, who saves the upright in heart. Ps. 7:10

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in YOU; For you, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. Ps. 9:9-10

I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.  Ps. 16:8

I will love YOU, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust: My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies. Ps. 18:1-3

Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity.  I have also trusted in the LORD, I shall not slip. Ps. 26:1

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul form death, and to keep them alive in famine. Ps. 33:18

My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Ps. 62:5-7
Psalm 17, Psalm 30 and so many more!!

Oh Friend, there are so many more verses just like these.  God is our defender.  We need not justify our self.  He will do a much better job of it.

Do you still not agree?  Read about David and Saul.  Read about Joseph and his brothers.  Read about Jesus.

No comments: