Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jesus My Everything??

I have a question running through my mind this evening.  I think it is a great question to ask.  At first glance the answer would be yes.  How many of us ask a question, give a quick answer and move on with our lives?   The Bible teaches us something different. We are to ask God to search and know our hearts. We are to lay a question before Him.  We are to ask if our lives are lining up to the truth of His Word.   When the answer comes we need to be obedient as James 1:22-25 explains:

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do."

When you walk past a mirror and notice chocolate on your face or bleach on your shirt, you immediately stop and try to remove the stain.  This is how it should be in our spiritual lives.  The Bible teaches that obedience brings freedom and blessings. God's Word is our mirror.  As we read, He shows us the sin in our lives. The Holy Spirit becomes our wash cloth as we agree and confess our sin. By His Spirit, we are washed clean. 

So here is the question, I am laying out before the Lord..."Is Jesus my everything?"  This thought and conviction came as I worshipped in song tonight.  As I pondered this question and looked intently into the Word, I have my answer-"no".  Would you do the same?  Jesus gave His life for all of us - for me.  Why is it so difficult for me to give my all to Him?  Pray for me and with me as we go through this week.  I do desire Jesus to be my everything.  As I pray, read, and confess I am confident "He who began a good work in me will complete it to the end:!

.

No comments: