Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Abandonment!

I will give your life to you as a prize in all places, wherever you go.  Jeremiah 45:5
http://utmost.org/    As I read this verse and devotion, I wish I knew the old testament with its history and stories a little better. Since I do not I will trust what Chambers says and I think with the Lord's help I will practice this today. 

Chamber's asks a good question, Are you prepared to let God take you into total oneness with Him?  Are you prepared to totally surrender and let go.  Life gets in my way of total oneness with God.  I allow the temporal things to press in on me throughout the day.  I allow the busyness of job, house, and family to squeeze out my oneness with God.  And my eyes are definitely open to how my reasoning and questioning God, shows my unbelief and distrust.  Proverbs 3:5-10 has been on my heart lately.
                     
 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
        In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He shall direct your paths.
        Do not be wise in your own eyes;
      Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
       It will be health to your flesh      
And strength to your bones.
        Honor the LORD with your possessions,
      And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
        So your barns will be filled with plenty,
      And your vats will overflow with new wine.
      

Abandonment!  Surrender to Him a fresh today.




No comments: