Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Morning!

8/29/11 My journal posts reads: "Faith is always tested.  It is easy to believe God on the mountain top or sitting in a worship service with other believers.  The challenge comes on Monday or Tuesday morning when the grind of life begins.  Be prepared when you say I will walk by faith.  This statement will be challenged.  God is looking for people to endure--to trust Him in the darkness of life."

My faith has been challenged this week.  If we go by feelings, I have felt strange.  Strange thoughts and temptations.  Today the strangeness was intensified.  I woke very discouraged.  I felt defeated.  My morning was spent weeping, journaling and praying.  For the first time in my life, I felt God had let me down!  He had disappointed me.  I am doing my part of obedience but He is not doing His.  Absurd, I know!!  This is one reason we do not live by feelings but by truth!! 

I went over Sunday's sermon notes and found myself dying in Spirit.  Where was God in these thoughts and temptations and why did I feel this way. 

My next journal notes say:
"Jesus-I need You to come and lift this discouragement.  I just don't understand, but that is okay-I walk by faith.  I trust You.  You are my rock and my fortress, therefore for Your name sake lead and guide me.  I give my life into Your hands.  The thing that concerns me most is this feeling I have of You letting me down.  I know this is a lie.  It is not true!  You have NEVER let me down.  I will not live on feelings but on truth."

I am thankful I can see clearly now.  I wish I would have read my previous day's journal entry, it may have spared me some grief. God is good.  His Word is true.  He will never leave or forsake us.  The problem is we have expectations in our mind that are far from His will.  When these expectations are not met we think He has let us down.  What a lie that is.  I hope to never feel this way again.  The temptation scared me. But I am thankful for the Holy Spirit who has overcome all temptations.

"Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1 Corth 10:12

God is good my friend.

No comments: