Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A New Start

A truth was spoken into my life this past week, that has brought godly fear, humility, and determination. 

Determination to set my face as flint toward the Lord-to listen to His voice and obey.
Determination to study and Know the Bible.
Determination to find the people,unashamedly, I want to sit at their feet and learn His ways. 

Isaiah 50:4-7 is the Messiah's soliloquy about being perfected through obedience and sufferings.  So sure was He of the Lord God's help that He resolutely determined to remain unswayed by whatever hardship might await Him. (Macarthur)

The Lord GOD has given Me
      The tongue of the learned,
      That I should know how to speak
      A word in season to him who is weary.
      He awakens Me morning by morning,
      He awakens My ear
      To hear as the learned.
       5 The Lord GOD has opened My ear;
      And I was not rebellious,
      Nor did I turn away.
       6 I gave My back to those who struck Me,
      And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
      I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
       7 “ For the Lord GOD will help Me;
      Therefore I will not be disgraced;
      Therefore I have set My face like a flint,
      And I know that I will not be ashamed.
I have to remember this is a life long process.  A life long process of surrender and obedience.  Thank God for friends who see things and speak truths into our lives. 

No comments: