Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life Together!


I love to be around people who challenge me spiritually.  Their very presence draws me into fellowship with the Lord.  God has been gracious to me over the years in placing these people in my daily life.  My Christian walk began to soar as these people befriended me.  You see Sunday mornings was not enough, I needed to do life with people. 

God has gradually moved the people over the years out of my daily life.  He has replaced them with others.  Some spiritually strong to challenge me and some spiritually young to challenge me with thoughts and questions.  He has even placed me in seasons where I am alone spiritually.  These times have been difficult but I was able to learn where and who my faith is placed in.  I am reminded of Daniel who was removed from his family and friends to be groomed for the king.  Daniel was placed in a foreign land with foreign gods and he did one thing that stands out to me.  He purposed in his heart not to sin against God. Dan. 1:8 

That is a good theme of life.  To plan ahead not to sin.  If we depend on our preacher's faith or our friends faith, we will fall when temptation comes our way.  We must KNOW God, allow the Holy Spirit to teach us and purpose in our heart not to sin against God when all our "spiritual" friends are removed.  I think of this every time I spend a few days away.  I find my faith is challenged even more but darkness does overcome me and I long for the spiritual encouragement of others. 

Which brings me to Hebrews 10:22-25:

 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I want more how about you?  For those of you who are faithful to read this blog, who are hungry for more of Jesus begin to pray with me.  Let's see what the Lord has plans to do to connect us closer to encourage us daily as we walk this life together.

My joy is indeed full.

No comments: