Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Compiled Thoughts

Listed are some quotes, thoughts, prayers I have compiled since the beginning of the year.  They are thoughts taken from several devotionals.  I pray you will find a few you can make your own.

Examine my love for Christ.
If I love Him, I will obey.
I must wait upon God for His presence and love to be revealed.
For joy and the power of the Holy Spirit in my day- I must spend time in His presence.
Dedicate myself to the Lord again.
Give myself to the duties of my calling with fresh and unreserved surrender.
Determine to be absolutely and entirely for Him and Him alone.
Walk by faith and not by sight.
My delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law I meditate day and night. Psalm 1:2
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge. Proverbs 1:7
Use the gifts God has given me.
Seek the Father's face and live in His love.
Pray this year I am humble, holy, zealous, patient, and in closer communion with my Christ and enter into His love.
Pray I will be an example to others-live for God's glory.
Jesus does not tell me what He is going to do-He reveals to me who He is.
Am I willing to go out in every area of my life, trusting God entirely.
Mary not only believed God but she had to adjust her life accordingly.
I need You and Your love to start my day, fill me with Your holy presence.
Impossible to worship God and not be changed.  The best indication we have worshipped is a changed heart.
An exalted view of God brings a clear view of sin and a realistic view of self.
Serve a holy God by a consecrated life.
Do I believe God will work thru me to make a difference?
I have been set here at this perfect time.
Never act on impulse of a feeling even if you know it to be God's will.  Wait for God to move.
Tremble at God's word.  Have a sense of awe that the Creator chooses to speak to me. 
When I open God's word-do so with a sense of holy expectation.
Don't build my life on the changes God does in me-but build on the person of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Spirit.
When I pray believe that God is with me.  Pray in faith that His love abounds to me.
Find my joy in being obedient to the Lord not in the fruit it produces.
Discernment-listen, pray, and wait-do not over analyze it.
Adjust my life to what the Lord shows me.
Where there is no revelation, the people do what is right in their own eyes.  But happy is he who keeps the law. Proverbs 29:18
I must feed upon God's word to take it into my heart and life.
Find fellowship with God in His Word.
Cultivate a thankful heart.
God said to Abram, Do not be afraid, I am your shield and exceeding great reward. Gen 15:1
Battles of my life are won upon my knees.

No comments: