Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sanctity of Human Life

Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people
Proverbs 14:34

Tonight was an eye opening experience for me at church.  The topic is one I am familiar with, but since it does not apply to my life personally I have never given it much thought.  Selfish, yes. Aware of that selfishness before tonight-no.  I hope you see a truth here, "If we are seeking God, wanting to know Him more intimately, He will not allow us to stay in our comfortable selfish little world."  Oh, the mercy, love, and grace..Thank Him for that!!  

The topic of tonight was the Sanctity of Human Life.  Don't shut me out on this topic.  Don't stick your head in the sand, believing it does not apply to you, because it does. We watched a short graphic video.  It was enough to make me angry, sick, and sad all at the same time.  Angry that sin is running rampant in this world.  Sick do to the images of what happens to babies when they are aborted.  Yes they are babies!  If they were not alive why would they have to be killed by decapitating or severing the spinal cord?  Graphic and sick, I know, but we must face the facts and wake up.  I believe that is what happened to me tonight.  I was awakened. 

This sin of murder does affect each and every one of us, even if we are not aware of it.  The women who are victims to this act, are hurting, angry, sad, and confused.  They live among us.  They are our neighbors.  They are people teaching our children,  sacking our groceries, collecting our money, selling us products, passing our laws.  These women are hurting and we need to be aware.  If you know Christ, you have an answer and a hope for these women.  By the murder of these children, we have lost doctors, teachers, government officials, etc. Many many people have died at the hands of abortion doctors.  They did not even have a chance of life.  The people who are committing these legal acts are deceived.  Deceived by the enemy.  Again as Christan's, we hold the key that gives them freedom.  Are you beginning to see how this affects us? 

Then if we look at God's word and see how He has dealt in the past with nations living in habitual sin.  His hand of blessing and mercy will not be on us forever.  His judgement must come for He is a righteous God. We must repent and turn back to Him or suffer the consequences of our sin.  "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is in the way of death" Proverbs 14:12

I am not sure what all this means for you and me personally, except my eyes have been open and it is time to pray to intercede for our nation.  It is time to be aware of the hurting people around us and give them hope.  It is time to storm the throne room of heaven, asking for mercy and grace upon us personally and this nation as a whole.  It is time to vote for godly officials who are willing to take a stand for these innocent children. 

"Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.  For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not be regretted, but the sorrow of the world produces death." 2 Corinthians 7:9-10

If My people, who are called by My name would humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, than I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14   

I  have one question, Is our nation sick?    If you find that answer to be yes, don't blame the ungodly people around us.  It is time God's people took responsibility and bowed their knee before Him.

No comments: