Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

God Speaks

I love how God speaks very clearly to our hearts. He takes a truth, a verse, a Scripture and impresses it upon hearts.  I desire to know more-to know Him more.  You are aware God-Christ Jesus is a person, right?  A Living Person!  So when you sit in His presence with His Word (the Bible is His spoken word to you)  believe by faith in your heart, that He is there with you.  Sit in awe, be still in His presence.  You must be careful not to llisten to every voice for many thoughts and ideas will bombard you.  Make quiet your heart.  This takes time to learn and only by the help of the Holy Spirit is it possible.  Ask Him to teach you through the word how to do this.  You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. James 4:1

So what are you asking for?  Consider this...does your emotional, physical, relationship needs supersedes your desire for God?  How much are you longing for Him?  How hot is the fire burning in your heart?  Is it a flicker, a flame, or a all consuming fire?

I have asked for the sin raging in my heart to be uprooted.  The sin of pride, self consuming, acceptance and approval.  I have walked through some times of battle-battle of the flesh and battle of the enemy.  But do you know what I have discovered? 
I waited patiently for the LORD;
         And He inclined to me,
         And heard my cry
Psalm 40:1

I have new eyes to see truths in His word.  Every few days a new passage will speak and have meaning.  Friend, mediate, pray,camp out here-God is speaking.  Allow Him to cleanse and purify you by His Word.  One by one confess sin and be specific.  Is it a relationship, a friendship, even a ministry opportunity that you desire  more than your relationship with God?  We can do many good things and we should.  If we see a need and we have the means to meet the need-we must!  But when this desire to be used by God is greater than your relationship with God, greater than your desire for Him, for His presence, for His glory, I believe this is sin.  Sin of pride.

One by one name the sin-the desire that rages its ugly head over your desire of Christ.  It must be crucified .  If you are like me my flesh continues to crawl off the alter- well it rolls off and then runs!  But by faith continue climbing back on the and consider yourself dead to sin.

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Romans 6:11

This blog was written Saturday January 29, 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this one Bobbie. You are so awesome.