Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Confession/Healing

Todd and I had the opportunity this weekend to spend some time away and alone with each other.  It was a refreshing time for me and I am most grateful.  I did not take my computer with me but I have two blogs written in a notebook that I will type out for you soon. 

We made a point to leave about 6:00am this morning, to attend Sunday School and Church. I am thankful we did, for the Lord was worshipped today.  Today's service was all about healing!  God's healing.  Aaron said, "Sunday Smiles Conceal Hidden Sin". and he is correct.  Sunday smiles also conceal stuffed pain.

I feel a quickening in my spirit of spiritual maturity, not that I am mature, but that God is maturing, growing me up in the faith.  He removing some deep rooted sins, fixation, and self consumption. I am thankful, but I don't believe this great work of His is to make me a better Christian, more peaceful, or happy.  I believe there is a spiritual battle brewing in our church, our city, and our country. I believe God is maturing people quickly for this battle.  For this battle is to won on our knees, with openness to our sin before God and others. Is your heart quickened to repent of hidden sin and allow God to bring healing?  The sin you are struggling with is the same sin others have succumb to.

For Scripture says, So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13

Do you see it?  The temptation is common to man.  We all struggle with the same sins.  Jesus was tempted as we are.  We have believed a lie from the enemy that we must cover up the sin or others will not except us.  Friend this is a lie!  Would you like freedom?  Confess that sin!  Confess that sin to the Lord and then share the sin with a dear friend.  When we speak the words -when we open our heart to others, the enemy cannot hold it against us any more.  It is in the open and we are free.  This may also give your friend courage to confess and repent of their sin as well. The Lord will bring healing.  The enemy has us in a state of fear, and yes confession is fearful, but all you have to lose are your chains. 

Again we are in a battle.  God is bringing salvation and spiritual healing.  The enemy is attempting to cause havoc. It may even appear he is successful at times and this could bring discouragement. (which is sin as well)  If you know the Lord Jesus Christ, you hold the answer and hope for the hurting people  But God will not use a half-hearted Christian in this battle. 

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole heart, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Hm.  Chronicles 16:9  You cannot be loyal to Him if you are loyal to the hidden sin.                                            

Friend, this battle could mean REVIVAL is on the way.  Confession and Repentance will usher in revival. 

Can you see it?  Is your heart quicken with God's Spirit to repent and be obedient?  Do you have a heart that is ready to intercede and share the hope that is within you?  Can you see the hurting people walking around you with smiles?

No comments: